Wednesday, January 15, 2020

New Me?

Image result for https://media3.giphy.com/media/dXoRFV204dcvR6F4JL/source.gif2019 is a year filled with happiness, surprises, and heartbreaks. In short, 2019 left me in mixed emotions.
A New Year is a blossom in our life and it is worth celebrating the day. It is a simple and known fact that January 1 is fabulously celebrated as the greatest and most important day all across the world. This day is considered as a day filled with great fun and enthusiasm. New Year is a special day for each person because it is time for welcoming another year, enjoying with family and friends, having fun and taking resolutions for the upcoming year.
Many Filipino people unite on New Year’s Eve, which is on December 31, to celebrate a midnight meal known as the Media Noche. It is also common to stay awake to greet the coming of the New Year. New Year’s Day is also characterized by Filipinos lighting fireworks and making a lot of noise to drive away evil spirits. This belief originated from the Chinese.
The elderly encourage children to jump at the stroke of midnight so that they would grow up tall. Many people display 12 circular fruits and wear clothing with polka dots to symbolize money. It is also popular practice to open all the doors and windows at the stroke of midnight to let in the good luck. Many Filipino families also read the Christian bible and attend a church midnight mass. It is common for many Filipinos to blend religion and superstition in celebrating New Year’s Day.

    I'm great at making New Year's resolutions. I'm also great at forgetting about them. This is probably because of my total lack of discipline, which…I'm working on. But I think it's also because the entire culture of New Year's resolutions encourages improvements that are so vague as to be useless. That’s why changing myself doesn’t necessarily depends on me wanting to change just because I want to, I change because the experiences that I gain makes me change.



9 comments:

Remembrance

          School is a place where we can learn a lot of things that we could apply in our daily lives. It is where a person usually grows in...